TUFLOW FV
H.D. Fanai

No result at some elements

When I visualise the 2D model outputs in Matlab it doesn't show any results at some of the elements. The elements are not getting dry as the water depth at the elements is enough to be wet during the entire simulation period. Over the simulation period some of these elements  have result at some time steps but most of the time steps there is no result at these elements in the 2d view. Some of these elements result in zero value over the entire simulation period.

I am not sure whether these elements are not resolved (e.g due to the shape of the mesh) or the resolved current speeds are less than the model precision.

Would you please let me know how I can rectify this issue?

This problem can often be caused by the IDs column in you cell-centres file being inconsistent with the actual IDs of the elements in the 2dm.

The upcoming release of TUFLOWFV will have a bathymetry from TIN option. This allows users to save their bathymetry set as an SMS .TIN file, and TUFLOWFV will do the interpolation and bathymetry inspection internally